Friday 8 November 2013

MA Conference and Pictures of Car Parking Spaces

I am preparing myself physically, mentally and spiritually for the upcoming Museums Association Conference in Liverpool. The MA has unsurprisingly not replied to my offer to be the blog of record for the conference. I will nonetheless tell it like it is for those need to know. I regard it as my public duty to the world's museums.

At the conference itself I am particularly curious to find out more about the MA's new strategy document. I think it encourages museums to hold 1970s themed 'swinging' parties and is called Museums Change Wives. 

In the meantime here are some pictures of car parking spaces.


A renaissance inspired cubed square space


The great mystery here is: why is the number more heavily eroded than the bordering lines?


The designer here was clearly an American Football fan


A proper man-size space - alas restricted to coaches only


natural and festive - a delight for any car to park in


I'm not sure what to make of this duplicated message - who needs the reminder?


My favourite type of space - a little corner of a car park I can call home


A disused space?


Some proper effort has gone into the design of this one - disciplined segregation through design


Anarchically undifferentiated car parking space comprising sensuously geological material in the heart of England

See you all at the conference, I'll be the one with a moustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment