Sunday 18 March 2018

The Trump Guide to Museum Management

Shallow people don't appreciate the genius of the leader of the free world. Can we in the museum world learn from the great man? I have taken, what has clearly been a labour of love by the good people at Marie Claire* to pull together quotes. Many of the quotes are beyond belief, never mind beyond parody. But let us see if I can apply them to the museum sector. If he can use them and get elected president of the US, surely I can adapt them to keep my job in the museum.


TRUMP
”Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.”

MUSEUM
"Any reports of a drop in visitor numbers to the new exhibition are fake, British Museum 6.7 million visitor figures are laughable. Sorry, people want reduced opening hours and extreme entrance fees"


TRUMP
“Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn’t these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly.”

MUSEUM
"Watched people protesting at our new Jimmy Saville exhibition that we have just opened! Why didn't they see it before objecting to it. Celebs exhibitions hurt museum visitors badly."


TRUMP
“We are going to have an unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout for the inauguration, and there will be plenty of movie and entertainment stars. All the dress shops are sold out in Washington. It’s hard to find a great dress for this inauguration.”

MUSEUM
"We are going to have an unbelievable, perhaps record-setting visitor numbers for the new exhibition, and there will be plenty of tea and cake. I won't turn up as all the charity shops appear to have sold out of 56" regular trousers. I am not going to the opening undressed." 


TRUMP “Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don’t know what to do. Love!”

MUSEUM
"Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies in senior management who have ignored me and lost my emails asking for a pay rises, they just don't recognise genius. Love!" 


TRUMP
 “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud”

MUSEUM
"An 'extremely credible source' has called my manager and told him I was really off sick and was not spotted on TV putting on a bet at the Cheltenham Festival." Thanks mum.


TRUMP
“Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again – just watch. He can do much better!”

MUSEUM
"The V&A should not take on Tristram Hunt. Mark my words he will create new exhibition on dogs - just watch. I can do much better!"


TRUIMP
 “Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”

MUSEUM
"Female curators that are more successful than me are unattractive, both inside and out. I now fully understand why I am not married - they made a good decision"


TRUMP
 “I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.” 

MUSEUM
"I will curate a great exhibition - and nobody creates exhibitions better than me, believe me - and I do it as cheaply as possible. I will curate a great, great exhibition in our southern display room, and I will make the London borough of Croydon pay for that exhibition. Mark my words."



TRUMP
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people.”

MUSEUM
"When people visit the museum from Croydon, they're not sending the best. They're not sending people like me, they're sending people that have lots of complaints about the service  and they're bringing those children with them. They're bringing their own packed lunches. They bring grime. They're Papists...and some I assume will spend money in the shop.


TRUMP
“Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”

MUSEUM
"Our great chair of trustees hasn't exactly had a positive impact on stopping visitors who are so happily and openly disturbing my sleep during office hours."


TRUMP
“All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”

MUSEUM
"All of the women who visit the museum try to avoid me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected."


TRUMP
“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”

MUSEUM
"One of the key problems today is that museums are such a disgrace. Good people don't go into the museum profession."


TRUMP
“It’s freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!”

MUSEUM
"It's freezing and snowing in my office - we need to be able to afford to turn on the museum heating!"


TRUMP
“I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

MUSEUM
"I've said if I had a daughter, perhaps that would mean I actually had a girlfriend in my past.'


TRUMP
“I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.”

MUSEUM
"I have never seen anyone fat or thin drinking anything in the museum cafe."


TRUMP
“I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.”

MUSEUM
"I think the only difference between me and the other museum curators is that I'm more honest about the artefacts I've dropped and the women who avoid me are more beautiful."


TRUMP
“My Twitter has become so powerful that I can actually make my enemies tell the truth.”

MUSEUM
"My exhibitons have become so powerful that I cannot actually tell what the truth is anymore."


TRUMP
“My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.”

MUSEUM
"My IQ is one of the highest - and I know it! Its just the visitors that are stupid or insecure. It's not their fault."



*Many thanks to Marie Claire http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/entertainment/people/donald-trump-quotes-57213


No comments:

Post a Comment