Friday 6 March 2015

Great Quotes from Museum Movies

Counterfactual history is a great party game when you've run out of other party games. What if Adolf Hitler was the lead singer of U2? What if World War Three had started before World War Two? Etc.Etc.

But what if all the great films in history had been set in museums, how different would those famous quotes be? Can you guess the original film?



1."All those moments will be displayed in cabinets… like tears in rain"




2."Bond. Paraloid B-72 Bond"




3."A curator's best friend is his mother"




4."BT phone loan"




5."Fasten your tamper free museum case fastenings, it's going to be a bumpy night!"




6."Frankly, my dear, I don't give object valuations!"




7."Get busy accessioning, or get busy dying"




8."Go ahead, make my display"




9."Here's another nice museum cafe you've gotten me into"




10."He's not the museum manager. He's a very naughty boy"




11."I conserve dead people"




12."I will look for you, I will find you, and I will update the object movement record for you"




13."If you build it, visitors will come"




14."In Switzerland they had brotherly love – and 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The Swiss National Museum"




15."It was the museum pest trap that killed the beast."




16."Museums are like a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get."




17."That exhibition was the most fun I've ever had without laughing."




18."I'm gonna make him an object he can't ethically dispose of."




19."I coulda had a class. I coulda been a University lecturer. I coulda been somebody, instead of a museum freelance educator, which is what I am, let's face it."




20."Hey, don't knock conservation. It's sex with something I love."




21."Open the museum doors, please, HAL"




22."Infamy, infamy, the Key Stage 3 kids've all got it in for me!"




23."Well, what if there is no tomorrow? It's just a typical day in a museum."





1.   Bladerunner
2.   Dr. No
3.   Psycho
4.   E.T.
5.   All About Eve
6.   Gone With The Wind
7.   Shawshank Redemption
8.   Sudden Impact
9.   The Laurel-Hardy Murder Case (1st use)
10. Life of Brian
11. The Sixth Sense
12. Taken
13. Field of Dreams
14. The Third Man
15. King Kong
16. Forrest Gump
17. Annie Hall
18. The Godfather
19. On the Waterfront
20. Annie Hall (again)
21. 2001 A Space Odyssey
22. Carry of Clio
23. Groundhog Day








No comments:

Post a Comment